Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
early frame numbers

hi i have recently bought a very original unmolested hm21 and am wandering does anyone know where the frame number would be? nothing where the wm20 numbers go. its eng no is hm21.168. planing to just get it running thanks glenn

email (option): kgbshepherda@westnet.com.au

Re: early frame numbers

Hi Glenn

Have a look at the bottom of the front down tube, where the engine plates bolt on.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

I agree with Rob: look at the second lug from the bottom on the drive side.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Here a photo of both frame number locations, not just KM20 had the number in that location.

Henk

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hey Man..Nice Tulip plants in the background,.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

That frame's not going to be rolling anywhere soon, which is perhaps not true of the background foliage...

Do you plan on making some rope Henk?

They are my youngest son's property, I don't think he is going to make rope out of it. You can have 5 plants here in Holland and that already gives a lot of stuff.

Henk

Nice early number on that one Glenn,I have HM20 176 here in NZ. Its frame number is HM19 170. Somewhere amongst all my papers i have a copy of the factory dispatch records which detail engine/frame numbers and who took delivery of them from factory. When i find it ill see if your ones there. regards Hamish.

email (option): fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

hi Hamish thanks for the reply. i found the numbers and like yours its early they are hm19.400. so would be very keen to find out more if you have any info thanks again Glenn

email (option): kgbshepherd@westnet.com.au

Hi Rob found the numbers thanks to your reply. Now ill have to find out some more of its history thanks again Glenn

I have the factory ledgers and can take a look if you want. For most bikes I can find the exact day they left the factory and where they went to. I would need frame and engine number for that of course.

Henk.

Henk I have two frames here one is for a 1944 WM20 frame number 98208 the other is for a 1948 YM20 8462.The WM20 frame came with two set of crankcases and would be handy to know if I have the original cases which match the frame from the factory, big chance I know . The YM20 frame was another basket case which came with a YM33 engine with this one I would like to know if it was originally a M33 or a M20.If you can help I would be grateful. Dave..

Hi,

I can probably find most but with the WM20 the list only goes to WM20 69699 all over that number are missing. The WM20 frame would have had matching engine and frame numbers.

Send me an email and I'll send the info I find, it's quite a bit of work to make it suitable to put on the forum page while it's very easy to email it.

Henk

hi Henk i would love to find out more about the old girl. its frame number is hm19.400 and engine number is hm21.168 thanks for your help and ill take a photo of it if you like thanks Glenn

Email send.

Henk

Nieuwe pagina 1