Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pannier bags

Been to the motorcycle show today at the nec their was a dr bike on the coventry transport museum stand.Cant remember the make but it was a new restoration and it had some very nice pannier bags they where not from india thats for sure .I will be ringing them for some more info.

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

Re: pannier bags

See link:

http://www.schipperfabrik.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=209&products_id=456

British Pannier Bags
$109.95

"These bags are made from the proper khaki cotton webb abd 100% cotton web strapping. The snaps are brass and will snap to your panier frames, the snaps are set in real cowhide leather and the clips on the bottom are die cut and fully functional. These are 100% authentic and include the correct markings on the interior. There are no better reproduction bags anywhere in the world. You have pride in your bike so don't hang inferior bags on it and ruin the look!!"

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Hi Stephen, I wouldn't buy any bags from them until they sort out the spacing of the leather corners, they are far to tight to fit the pannier frames. I have been waiting 4 months now for them to sort the problem out with me, but so far they've just stalled and stalled. I've even asked them to send me some new corners and rivets and I'll fix it, which they haven't done. They still wont tell me what size they set the width of the corners to but say they'll look into it when they make some more but it won't be yet. They have said my frames are the wrong size..! Mine measure 14 1/8" wide which is correct.

Look at this forum post about it.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1238625&cmd=show

If you do buy from them, maybe you could e-mail them and ask them what the width is between the leather corners on there bags. The bags I got are only 13 1/2" and there's no way they'll stretch. Also there bags now are a bit too orange coloured, maybe they'll fade if washed.

I've now bought some of these and they fit perfectly and are cheap enough to use and abuse for £20 each and I washed them which made the colour fade and look better 290804104324
They even do them with the frame for £40 290822348754

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Frank Brown at Pegasus productions make spot on repros of the bags.
I haven't got his contact details to hand as I'm at work, but Ron Pier will have them. I'll dig them out when I get home if Ron hasn't beat me to it.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Franks email is pegasus-drive@sky.com
His bags are well made, but Unless he has increased the weight of his canvas, The material is too thin. Worth a mention when you email him and he'll send you pictures of his bags. I have also been disappointed with Schippers bags after the first couple of batches. The corners have got even tighter and the colour is not as nice. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I had a quick look at this bike when I went to Coventry transport museum to see Ted Simon's round the world Triumph T100, so I didnt look to closly at it, but from what I can remember the pannier frames were tubeular which struck me as not being like anything Id seen on a WD bike before, and the bags were made of webbing.
I have a pair of webbing bags which I use as my day to day bags as they are extrey tough. I only put my Pegusus repros on when I want the bike to look more proper

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

I Agree with Ron ,Franks are spot on but lightweight,and uses original strap material comlete with original markings very nice , and Schippers bags are very tight,And I have a pair of their early ones, I have tried Schippers on at least three sets of original frames.so I know its the bags at fault, I do think that both of them are finding it difficult to source the correct fabric but at least they are trying ! andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Rang the bike owner tonight it is a private bike not in the museum he got the bags last year from a woman with a stall at stafford show . He went this year to buy some more but she wasnt there.

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

Hello all.
Its sometimes nice to be talked about,my company is pegasusWW2displays.
Originally I only planned to make a set for my M20 but I have now for many years been making Panniers and Y straps for British WD motorbikes. The early bags were made from thin canvas but for the last 5 years or so I have been using thicker 16oz military spec canvas in green,brown or tan and use a mix of original and repro fittings and webbing. I have sold well over 100 sets and they have literally gone all over the world. I charge £160 for a pair including Y straps plus post at cost.
I also make the canvas seat covers and the vokes pad (bollock protector).
If anyone would like some photos send me an email pegasus-drive@sky.com.
Cheers
Frank

email (option): pegasus-drive@sky.com

Hi Frank..Are you the same 'Pegasus' that does the 'service dress' jackets? (WW1 into early WW2)...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I also have a set of some of the early Schipperfabrik bags and the corners were too tight. The bags were of such good quality that I used Hahn's corner patterns and made new wider set ones rather than ship the bags back from the states. They definitly have a dimension problem, our frames are original WD M20 frames and they evidently have had the problem for some years.

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

Hello Ian
No thats why I gave my company name as PegasusWW2displays I do now make a number of repro WW2 equipment and uniform items notably Denison smocks but mainly do vehicle canvas work as well as doing my displays.
The other company is pegasus militaria run by steve kiddle.

Thanks Frank...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Frank. Good that you replied in person. Why not stick some pictures on the 'For Sale' page for all to see? Is Steve Kiddle the bloke who signs everything 'EVETS'? (Steve backwards) Another good bloke! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Frank, I wish I'd known about you 4 months ago, it would have saved me lots of hassle To add insult to injury I also got stung £20 customs duty

Yes, that's a good idea to put a post in the for sale section with some pictures.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I still have a few original sets that I am considering to sell. All are in very good condition some are NOS.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Stephen, hi, it was a Triumph 3HW in RAF finish, it looked very nice, there were also some lovely flat tankers.

Pannier wise, I lost a pannier on the way back from Brackley this year, along with some tools and my tin mug that came to Normandy with me, so I'm looking for a pair should any one happen to decide to sell any, otherwise it will be an unweathered repro one which is far from ideal (a tip taken from John O'B's book of motorcycling, I'll be bolting them to the frames)

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Ron Pier
Hi Frank. Good that you replied in person. Why not stick some pictures on the 'For Sale' page for all to see? Is Steve Kiddle the bloke who signs everything 'EVETS'? (Steve backwards) Another good bloke! Ron

Hi Ron
I will admit that I have been away from the forum for quite a while and have been coaxed back by an email enquireing about panniers from this stream. I have put an add in the for sale section with links to photobucket showing photos of both panniers and bollock protector. If I am honest I cant work out how to post photos on here.

this the only photo that I took of the Coventry Transport museum bike and bags

Photobucket

peter those pannier bags that are on the bike in your photo look like 1937 pattern webbing big packs and they look squared off with maybe plywood i can email you a picture of mine if you want

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Hi Roger. Please email me photos of your bags. As I said in earlier post I use bags like these for day to day use as they are so tough. The ones I got from Pegasus, though they fit well and look right on the bike are thinner. Coming back from Founders day the clutch chainwheele that I'd bought wore a hole through. I'd still recommend them though

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1