Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1941 G3L Bolt Query

Hello All, I have a pic attached herewith. I tried fixing my G3L today.
1. Is this part a Bolt or a Stud?
2. How Long does it reach? Till the 1st or 2nd Engine plate?
3. How many distance bushes does this accommodate?
4. What is the approx length and dia?
5. Any part picture of this?

Photobucket

Simple thing which baffled me a lot

Regards
Tavery

email (option): tavery.p@hotmail.com

Re: 1941 G3L Bolt Query

Yes it is a stud through both engine plates with the required size spacers between plates and chain cases. With a nut and washer on the timing side plate and against the outer chain case. It's a 7/16" stud with 26 tpi BSC thread. The chaincase spacer fits through the inner case and against the inside of the outer case. I can't give you the length though. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks so much Ron, I am able to get a picture of that in my mind. One last question. Is there a spacer between the 2 chain cases and the 2 engine plates ?

Regards
Tavery

I edited my post above with more info. But there are just the two spacers. Ron

Thanks again Ron, You have been very helpful. I will start working on this right away.

Regards
Tavery

Re: 1941 G3L Bolt Query (Question from Rons Pic)

Hello Ron, I noticed something on your photo. There seems to be a spacer between the engine plates and the frame. I have marked that on the same pic that you posted earlier. This I assume is the 10.625 inches square stud. Does this spacer come on the chaincase side or the timing case side? have seen a few photos on this forum without the spacer and few with spacers as well.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1169938&cmd=show

Photobucket

Thanks & Regards
Pratap Henry

email (option): prataphenry@gmail.com

Hi Henry. Firstly the picture I have posted is of my G3. Nearly the same as a G3L. But not in that instance. The spacer that you refer too is combined with the foot pegs on a G3L. Therefore making it more difficult to remove the primary chain case as you have to remove the foot peg first which is awkward.
I think this picture of my G3L will show those foot pegs mounted inboard of the frame tubes........Daft idea!! Ron

Photobucket

Thanks Ron. Brilliant as usual.

Pratap Henry

email (option): prataphenry@gmail.com

One note, I tapped the thread on the stud a bit longer, so a nut could be fitted inside the chaincase, with a shortened spacer ofcourse, so the whole assembly is more rigid, and the stud will not turn when tightening the outside nut. (a bit like the top picture)

An invisible but worthwhile modification.

Cheers,

Just out of hostipal, Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hey!!! Many thanks all you guys for helping me out with this too!

I began collecting parts in Feb of 2012, and am now into a decent bolt-up thanks to a job lot purchase of 3 (more or less) Matchies. One a Jampot twin, the other a Jampot G-80, an inknown frame, and a bunch of G3L stuff including the rear frame section I have been needing.

I'm looking for a proper set of rider pegs as mine are pretty knackered. I also need a set of passenger pegs, and front and rear fenders.

Cheers all,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

What a star Ron is!! He's always ready to help out and always has a photo or two to back it up, what a top chap.

Nieuwe pagina 1