Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Books

Whats the best way to get these onto the technical section of the website?

I can't see a way of creating a PDF file without paying an online site.

Rob.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Books

Nice find!

Sorry, can't help ypu with th ePDF thingy. Maybe Martin vd P. can help?

email (option): rpa@robvanmeel.nl

I can scan them into pdf format for you.
Only problem is, I'm in Germany.
If nobody else locally can help I'm quite willing to scan them and send them back.
Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

On the subject of PDF files does anyone have a suggestion as to why my computer doesn't want to open any?...I'm not even sure what the bloody thing uses to read them ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Stand on one leg, face east and stick yer left thumb up your arse while whistling „yankee doodle dandy“…

If that doesn’t work try a google search for “ Adobe Acrobat Reader” and downlaod the newest version.

Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

Hi Rob,

My Epson scanner has a 'scan to pdf' function that I've just used to make a copy of a 1928 Austin manual. I can do the same if it helps. Drop me an email if your interested.

Stuart

email (option): stu.gibbins@btinternet.com

Hi Stuart

The first two books I had to quickly scan and return to their owner, the last one I will scan in the next week but there is only a small section on motorcycles to post anyway.

I was hoping someone could suggest a way of creating a PDF using JPEGs but it looks like I would have to pay Adobe for the privilege.

Rob

Rob,

If you'd like, send me the JPEGs and I'll convert to Adobe PDF files (I have the software). I also can merge each individual page into one document (versus each page as an individual pdf document). We can certainly try a test run if you are interested.

Regards, Scott

email (option): sd246@sbcglobal.net

Just scan them as JPG pictures, and put them on dropbox, I just did that with the 16H Norton maintenance manual.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Rob,

The dropbox option that Lex suggests is a good idea. Another bike forum I visit has all their manuals saved for members use on that site.

Also, I did a quick google 'convert jpg to pdf' search and there are plenty of free downloads to look at.

Stuart

email (option): stu.gibbins@btinternet.com

Err! And I thought this was an English speaking forum Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron you are a Dinosaur, but unfortunatley so am I

I'm going to download novaPDF which promises to do what I think I want but I will have to do it on my new computer which has windows 7, but my scanner and most of my files are on my old computer so there will be a delay whilst I wait for my new USB data stick to arrive so I can transfer the relevent computer stuff without trying to Email myself on an Email that keeps crashing.

Is this progress or are computers just a practical joke

Rob

Nieuwe pagina 1