Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bike test

just taxed my 1941 g3l not been on the road for a year. So will be given a good service before i put her on the road next year.But i wonder how many will bother now the new none mot law is out and will their be some thats not even insured.

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

Re: bike test

I think everyone will still get insurance as the ANPR cameras will still show up if it's not insured and if they do pick you up for that you'll still get the points and a fine, they could even destroy the bike. Classic insurance is cheap so I guess everyone will still have it.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Can the ANPR cameras read our white numbers over a black background. Iv always assumed they only work on modern reflective plates
Not that Iv got anything to hide or done anything wrong. Honest officer.

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

I often wondered if you had a van with lots of number plates overlapping (sign written as if you were a number plate retailer/dealer) but left a largish gap around the real number plate, would you get pulled up and told to remove them, just because the ANPR camera couldn't read it? Or if you used number plates obviously not around the real number plate to advertise your business would you get told to remove them? But then I often wonder strange things like that to get the police to look rather than rely on technology!

Stephen, but you can't get a tax disc without insurance.
Anyone letting their insurance expire & continuing to use the vehicle is no different now to if they did that before the exemption came into place.

A few days ago on my WM20 I rode through a mobile speed trap afterwards I thought " when this bike was made radar was in its infancy, a new technology, used for such life and death things as detecting incoming bomber fleets or submarines in the vast Atlantic. Now the police use it to on our roads to catch us marginally creeping above the speed limit"
Which I wasnt.

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

I presume these cameras can also read the rear number plate of a vehicle carried on a trailer, so I usually cover it up if the bike is on SORN or is not road legal in some other way.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Isn't it strange that Rudge, who probably made one of the fastest bikes of the period became involved in making Radars which are now used to slow down motorcycles!

Peter Stowe
Can the ANPR cameras read our white numbers over a black background. Iv always assumed they only work on modern reflective plates
Not that Iv got anything to hide or done anything wrong. Honest officer.

I will find out and let you know.

Nieuwe pagina 1