Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just enjoyed getting a Tax disc :-)

Just taxed online (on my phone) with no issues.
The BSA i taxed is registered 2005 but declared manufactured 1935 on the V5C
The bike has no current MOT, the system accepted it & confirmed a disc will be sent. Its a completely roadworthy machine that would pass an MOT coincidentally but i enjoyed doing it :-)

Re: Just enjoyed getting a Tax disc :-)

Dito smooth no hassle.

Tony

Me too, but on four of my bikes the insurance company havent told DVLA that I have paid my policy up to date , Hmm a phone call monday to sort it out but Six have been taxed, A RESULT !! andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Just managed to tax the Norton at my local post office.
Just filled in form 112 and job done, The girl got a little confused between registration date and manufactured date but we got there in the end.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Andrew, that's happened to me & neither insurance Co. or DVLA would accept it was them, both blaming each others systems, far from ideal when suspected uninsured vehicles on the road can get impounded.
:-(

Fred,My insurance co said that they will re submit entire list I guess there will be a delay,Of a few hours before I can try again,Just proves this system is not as reliable as DVLA say it is, !! andrew .h

Hi, I see you applied on the 18th........which was over a weekend. I tried 3 of my vehicles on Monday 19th only to be told the service cannot be done online, so went to my local PO who did not know anything about MOT exempt taxing......so I explained and the next day they had some new V112 forms for declaration, they did not know if they were to keep the form or me? I guess it will all fall into place soon....

email (option): marcus@glassenbury.plus.com

Six tax discs tumbled through letter box( AKA a mail box) Today, well pleased. DVLA regretfully have not sorted other ones out yet andrew.h.

Moto, yes i applied online on 18th about 2am almost immediately the exemption came into force & today (Thursday) like Andrew i received the disc.
You don't mention what your reg document states as far as manufacture or when registered but it may help to post that so we can build up a picture of what gets accepted & what doesn't. to hopefully work out why.

Registration dates of my 2 BSA's are 1982 and 1990 but both have declared manufacture dates on the front of V5 of 1946 and 1941.......so I am guessing they should be fine?

email (option): marcus@glassenbury.plus.com

Hey Moto, the girl at the post office did question me about the exemtion as the reg date is 1999, but once I had pointed out the declared manufactureds date on the front, all was fine. BTW, she said they didn't actually need to see the V5, if you fill in the exemption form (112) they will take your word for it. DVLA will be the ones who question it.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1