Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Magneto change /Brightspark

Hi all

Today I finally fitted my rebuilt magneto to my m20 and am very happy with how the machine is now running

With a rewound armature and an external brightspark unit (condenser) the bike started 2nd kick after been laid up since the August bank holiday weekend

I'll road test it tomorrow - so am looking forward to seeing how it performs with this new combination

Happy days

:-)

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Magneto change /Brightspark

Hi John,

Did you had the rebuild done in combination with fitting the Brightspark? What did your magneto man think of this condenser?

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi Henk

I had the armature specifically rewound without the condenser to ft the brightspark unit and ken at brightspark also remagnetised/re-energised the magnet within the body

I think re-magnetising makes an ever more powerful effect on the performance of the magneto, the level of magnetism was shown to me before and after, an approximate gain of up to 20% - it doesn't sound a lot but it does make a difference

Just because the traditional location of the condenser has been within the armature, the external fitting of the brightspark unit should cause us no worries in my opinion

Job

Hury up John, Make some miles with it and let us know how things work out.

Henk

Yes sir

:-D

Job

Already done over a 1000mls on my ZM20 with a brightspark condensor fitted, the original armature had a bad start when hot problem so I just removed old condensor and fitted the brightspark one.I think the best thing with this condensor is if you travel long distances you can carry a spare points assembly with a new condensor already and easy to fit Dave..

I think it's a brilliant idea and hopefully it will work as good as I guess it will.

Henk.

Nieuwe pagina 1