Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grow up..

A mother says to her little boy..'What do you want to do when you grow up?...He replies..'When I grow up I want to be a biker like Daddy'...She smiles and says..'Well you'll have to choose, you can't do both'.... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Grow up..

Thank goodness I've only got daughters. As I've told them, "Gettin' old's compulsory, Growing up's an option".

A guy I worked with had 5 daughters..in the end he had to give up and accept he wasn't going to have a son. He said the girls were OK but he couldn't handle the idiots they used to bring home.. ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian, it's no joking matter. I'm relying on at least one with an appreciation of old machinery and a willingness to work with 100 year old hand tools. It would be even better if he came with his own kit.

Anyone out there got a pre-war camshaft single and a teenage son desperate to meet a nice Belgian girl ?

Im so lucky, one son in law, grandson and daughter all enjoy riding his m20, Henk has met my grandson ZAC at Arnham,,my other son in law and daughter produced a grand daughter two and a bit years ago, Who likes Tractors,Have to start one up each weekend,for her. He likes Fast cars and likes driving my Sports car,Hes not keen on bikes but will always help load one in a van , or pick up parts for me , So they are out there, you just got to seive them out,!!! andrew.H

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

my mam used to say,''if you fall off that wall and break your legs,dont come running to me'' and ''shut your mouth and eat your tea''
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Great opener & quite true. I'm sure part of the reason my old lady left me was due to time spent either in the garage or riding and thinking the old line of 'how can something be more interesting than me'

Both son (5) & Daughter (8) are very used to Daddy turning up on a motorcycle & seeing if he'll sit them on the tank to go up an down the lane, the M20 being the favorite and most comfortable fuel tank, or heading to the bike shop on a saturday morning with Dad for some work to be done, pick up or drop off a motorcycle and enjoy the Ace very much.

My son is now getting rather interested in watching TV shows about classic car restoratio. The up side with them living at their Mums for the last 3 years, easy...Daddy gets to ride pretty much all he wants, gets to keep & fix motorcycles in the dining roo. My girlfriend knows that if its good weather I won't be about for a few hours and even goes pillion ;-) so pretty much all sorted ;-)

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

My eight year old son has always been car mad, his favorite is my '66 Mustang and an old Landrover we are fixing up He was only interested in riding on the tank of a bike, until he saw John Tinleys ML at Founders day. Suddenly he decided he wanted to ride one, so now I've got to fix that aswell. Its a start!
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Grow up !!

My wife said last night that I needed to grow up and put some time to one side so that we can sit and talk about the important things in life.

Like that's going to happen in the middle of conker season!

email (option): dwrudd@lineone.net

Darren wrudd
Grow up !!

My wife said last night that I needed to grow up and put some time to one side so that we can sit and talk about the important things in life. ...

Just what my wife used to say; I've been married now for 50 years, she got used to it (a bit) and it helps not having an hearing aid ...

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Nieuwe pagina 1