Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Air Maze air filters

Just for your information all you Flying Flea and James ML owners as you are probably aware the Airmaze air filter can be near impossible to get but I've found a source for them on "Oxford Allen Scythes" but only the earlier two stroke ones, You can buy one on ebay for about £50 to £60 , take off the filter and put it back on ebay and get nearly the same money back for it, I just struck a deal with one I won on the bay that was collection only that I saved myself going to collect it by asking the vendor if I could have the filter and getting him to refund all but £20 of the money so I got the filter and didn't even have to go and collect it and he gets to sell the machine all over again for nearly the same money!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Re: Air Maze air filters

Thanks dave for sharing that with us, There must have been a point when allan stopped using the airmaze, and started using the villiers pancake one as the one on flyby today has the later one how on earth did you find this out!! andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Like old Seagull outboard engines used these plug caps. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I've known for a while, but refused to share it until I got the 2 that I needed!!

What do they look like? I've got a shed full of derelict Villiers stuff and as it happens British Seagull. One filter has the choke slot in the side the other is a star shape on the end.

Just Interested Cheers

Pat

Like this Pat. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

They are basically a wire mesh filter that has an end cap and the other has a pressed cap that fits onto the seperate choke assembly (fits in between the carb and air filter. I'm actually looking for the piece that fits between the carb and air filter, it has a little lever on it that works the choke flap, and if you have any Villiers 9D barrels and heads (the one with twin ports) I'd be grateful.
Dave

It appears I was beaten to it, but you can just about see on the picture the bit that has the choke flap in it

Thanks Ron , next time I'm up the woods I'll have a look.

Cheers Pat

Nieuwe pagina 1