Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where is Charles White's BSA Blue Star BPX300

Anybody any idea where this bike could be? BSA 1935/6 BSA Blue Star BPX300 then owned by Charles White who is sitting on the saddle in the photo. Son Colin would love to find the bike and maybe even own it again.

Henk

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: Where is Charles White's BSA Blue Star BPX300

The original number is a West Sussex number...Unfortunately it doesn't come up on the DVLA data base, so the number has probably been lost...Of course the bike could still be around with an 'age related' number or languishing in someones shed unregistered on the current system....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I could of course also be in Leon's shed

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Maybe this one on eBay would do until he finds the actual bike? 121020180130.

Cheers John

I am quite sure this bike was up for sale at Netley Marsh just on the opposite side of Ron's stall. For that kind of money it'd better be dead original which sadly it isn't. It has the wrong magdyno and the wrong gearbox fitted for starters. I have had a thorough look at that bike and there are just too many things wrong with it. Since I am trying to collect all BSA 1936 models this one was on my wanted list but not for this price and not in this condition.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

I think you are correct Leon. My friend Graham was extremely tempted by it at Netley. Good job you were there to put him right. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

what was the idea about swept up exhaust pipes was it designed as a trials bike

Roger,

The twin upswept pipes were fashionable in those days. Blue Stars were designed as sports bikes but definitely not as trails bikes.

I don't know why it was fashionable especially so if you wanted to have a girl riding pilling. She would have burned her legs and so much for your date!

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

ah that is why you could rub her legs better with a nice bit of ointment

Nieuwe pagina 1