Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: MOT update (and BEEZA GEEZA T-shirts)

Have been talking to the UK DVLA today to check some details regarding the end of MOTs for pre-1960s classics.

The DVLA have re-iterated a number of forms of acceptable proof for dating purposes.

1. Manufacturers records.
2. Glass's Vehicle Guides, or similar trade journals (possible magazine articles).
3. Dating certificates. This one is a little trickier because the DVLA are talking of this as a last resort, or for use in special circumstances. But it doesn't make sense really because the dating certificates are still perfectly acceptable for gaining an age-related registration plate. So the bottom line is that any of these forms of proof are acceptable, but you might have to argue your case a little.

The V112 MOT exemption form is, apparently, being updated. They7 recognise some problems with these. You can get these from the DVLA website, or from Post Offices. But it's clear the DVLA has been caught "on the hop" with this one and weren't prepared properly. It seems that they've only just sent out formal notification to MOT stations regarding the change (5th November 2012).

Anyway, if you need your log book updating to record your bike as pre-1960, the DVLA is cognisant of the problem and will "cooperate". I asked if these MOT changes are permanent, and they answered in a vague way and simply said that these are the new rules. In other words, they wouldn't be drawn - which might mean anything, or nothing. So no obvious cause for concern yet.

Lastly, I don't want to post a picture here and take up Henk's bandwidth, but we've got some new T-shirts that might interest/amuse some of you guys (sit down, Rik). It's our BEEZA GEEZA T-shirt. Here's a link.

http://www.sump-publishing.co.uk/classicmotorcycletshirts/bsatshirt-beezageeza.htm

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Actually Danny, I am sitting down and suitably mellowed by the Maredsous 8% this evening. I rather like that shirt. I'm a little jealous actually but I couldn't wear it, that would be faking it.

Hi Rik, I'm about to do some mellowing too, so I'll see you up there. I'm still trying to get a Norton T-shirt together, but what with one thing and another ...

Actually, we've got a Norton Commando T-shirt in the pipeline (should have samples in a few days). But I really want to print some shirts for military Nortons. Trouble is, the market is quite small, and times are tough.

Watch this space.

I'll buy one

I like the original BSA M20 one you did, but with a 16H engine

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Horror, am emailing you directly.

Nieuwe pagina 1