Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bar ends

Did the M20 have handlebar ends, I'm tempted to turn some from brass but unsure if there is a standard type I could use?

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

Re: Bar ends

This is an original BSA end plug.

Henk

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

If someone can make them at a reasonable price I will buy a pair or two, andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

The problem is that some aftermarket handlebars are made from different guage tubing, so they'd have to be made in different sizes to fit in the ends

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Jan made me a pair out of stainless and they are a perfect fit, thanks Jan
I measured the internal diameter and he made them that size.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Julian...I made mine from aluminium and blasted them for a matt finish. Originals were cadmium plated. Stainless would work equally well.
Original handlebars were made from 14 gauge tube which has a wall thickness of .083". So the bore size of an original set of bars (or good quality patterns) should be approx. .584" diameter. I made mine a snug 'sliding fit' and glued them in place with some clear silicone and they've been in place now for a number of years....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

PS..Lighter 'pattern' bars are generally made from 16 gauge tube which is .062" thick..So bore size on these would be approx. .626"....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I'm fortunate enough to have access to loads of stainless and a Mazak Quickturn Smart turning center with C axis, therefore I'm tempted to knock a few out if anyone would be interested?

Yes me julian. stainless or brass you will need sizes,I need a price, contact me, on my mail andrew hemsley

Ian, is there any benifit in making these longer, to slide inside and turning them in to bar weights to reduce vibration

andrew hemsley
Ian, is there any benifit in making these longer, to slide inside and turning them in to bar weights to reduce vibration

Stainless or brass would both be ideal medium to for bar weights, just let us know rough lengths or ideal weights to achieve and I can model from that with our Onecnc cad package.

Hi Julian

I would be interested as I had to remove my canvas grips after my 2010 ride over & back to France - my hands buzzed like tuning forks when I arrived at Portsmouth docks - cannot be good for you long term

My bars are original

Best regards

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John O'Brien
"...my hands buzzed like tuning forks when I arrived" Job

I knew you were a Yamaha man at heart, John !

Oh no

What an unfortunate description for me to use

:-D

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1