Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
front mudguard fixings

I'm trying to fit my front mudguard and have some questions about the hardware required.
Where it fastens to the bottom of the forks, what is used there? A stud with a nut, or a bolt?
Can't seem to find a part #, or dimensions for fastener. I know it's 5/16 X26 TPI into fork.
At the rear of mudguard where it fastens to stay/stand; what is used there? Draganfly lists
#27-5446 bolt, but this is NA. The #15-447 nut they furnished is 1/4" stepped nut. Is this correct?
Draganfly lists bolts, nuts and washers for stays to fork legs. Where do the nuts go? They don't
seem to fit on inside of fork. Thanks.

email (option): siradrad@verizon.net

Re: front mudguard fixings

I've had a similar problem with Draganfly nuts and bolts as they substitute some for socket cap heads, where possible I always try yo buy replacement nuts and bolts from De-Groot, superb service and all slot heads or hex heads as original.
I try to consolidate an order as it doesn't seem to matter how much you buy but you always pay €15 shipping.
Their website (www.degroot-bsa.nl) is superb for finding all you require.
Good luck.

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

I've had a similar problem with Draganfly nuts and bolts as they substitute some for socket cap heads, where possible I always try yo buy replacement nuts and bolts from De-Groot, superb service and all slot heads or hex heads as original.
I try to consolidate an order as it doesn't seem to matter how much you buy but you always pay €15 shipping.
Their website (www.degroot-bsa.nl) is superb for finding all you require.
Good luck.

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

Damon,

At the front of the forks the bracket is attached with 2 1/4" CEI bolts with half width nuts at the hub side. At the rear there are 2 5/16"CEI bolts also with nuts at the hub side. At the bottom of the mudguard there is a special bolt with non slotted round head which has a kind of square behind the head that fits into a similar slot on the inside of the mudguard (a welded on plate). At the rear of the mudguard the forked piece of the bottom bracket should be facing upwards. This is were the stepped nut comes in. It fits in the round part of the keyhole slot of the fork on the bracket. If you release that nut a few turns you can drop the bottom bracket to act as a front stand in case of a flat tyre.
The front bracket is attached to the mnudguard with two flat slotted screws with a washer behind the head. On top of the bracket on the underside of the mudguard there should be two square plates with a U shaped profile. The sides are probably no more than 1/32" high. The square plates are there to prevent the mudguard from cracking by spreading the pressure on a wider area. The plates should be fitted between the mudguard and the bracket with the sides facing down. On the bottom of the bracket there are 2 1/4" CEI nuts.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1