Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Handlebar spin

So I've powder coated my BSA m20 in desert tan and it looks great. However no matter how hard I tighten the handle bars the still spin now. Anyone have an idea that does not require me scraping off the paint at the handlebar clamps to keep them from spinning?

email (option): Jeff @infinitymedspa.com

Re: Handlebar spin

Go to the nearest pine forest and collect some resin; dissolve in spirits and you have a perfect anti-slip

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Hi I have never done the pine resin thing before. Can you go into it in more detail please

email (option): Jeff @infinitymedspa.com

I once powder coated the chassis parts of a Commando. I never managed to get the engine to stay tight in the plates after that. It was my "never again" moment with powder coat. After cleaning it off using a bolster and club hammer, I've used 2-pack paint ever since.

Jeff robbins
Hi I have never done the pine resin thing before. Can you go into it in more detail please

Can't give you more details, just try and rub some resin between your fingers, and you will feel why it is so skid-resistant!

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Hi, have you already tried to clean the clamp seating with acetone?
It should take off the plastic film of the powder paint.

email (option): drossi54@hotmail.it

When you will remove pouwder coating you can do it with good paint remover in holland we call it verfafbijtmiddel bud if you don't want to go all remove you can tape it and do the remover on the places. wait for 5 to 10 minutes remove it first with a steel brush and then with sand paper maybe you do it several times after that: you remove the tape carefuly. Gr Theo

email (option): oldbikes@kpnmail.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1