Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum picture

Henk

This picture hits the nail right on the head regarding the current unrest in Holland about another person who thinks he can earn a brown arm by saying that this old stinky polluting and road tax free vehicles should be banned from the roads...

Regards,

Sven
who should be shot off his bike to stop riding...but will never sell it as 'old iron'

p.s. I signed both lists

http://www.knac.nl/petitie/
http://oldtimerwegenbelastingvrij.petities.nl/

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Re: Forum picture

Could you explain that Sven/Henk...Google Translator doesn't make it very clear!....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian,

The government has proposed to end the road tax exemption for historic vehicles claiming they produce 10 times the pollution of modern vehicles. Any historic vehicle therefore will be taxed (heavily) again. Since the tax for cars and lorries is weight related you can imagine the damage it will do to the historic army vehicles. But also the poor fools who have more than one motorcycle will suffer.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

signed both as well, got to fight for the right to Partyyyyyyy as some old codgers once sang.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

TAX, TAX, TAX.
It is absolutely disgusting in Europe and UK.
In August & September I was working in the UAE and saw how the other half live with no taxes on your salary and 21p per litre of unleaded and diesel cheaper.

Politicians tax far to much and it has to end sooner rather than later.

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

And now with a 'non historic' vehicle on top of MOT, vehicle road tax, insurance policy tax, petrol tax and VAT tax on parts and servicing the Government are proposing tolls on motorways and 'A' class roads... ..All of this for roads that are gradually falling apart through lack of investment..Saying that though we bring all of this on ourselves because of apathy and the fact we let them do it!..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Is a BROWN ARM the same as a BROWN NOSE Or BROWN NOSING ? andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Indeed Andrew!!

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

I'm only seeing a cartoon with what looks like a mid-1950s Norton Model 7 with Armstrong shock absorbers...

The Belgian Government has published statistics over the last couple of days showing that over the last five years there has been a 20% increase in the number of 'oldtimers' (of all categories). The trouble is that the Belgian definition is anything over 25 years old which means that modern crap like VW Golf 1 and 2s driven by coke-heads are counted as 'treasured vehicles'.

In some odd way they consider that CO2 from 'oldtimers' has increased by 25% over the period. However, they only represent 0.4% of vehicle CO2 emissions. In view of this limited share, they don't see it as a problem.

I can imagine that if the older vehicle exemptions are being seen as a cheap alternative to a modern vehicles then the powers that be will feel the need to do something about it.

We don't have free tax here. I pay about 34 euro for each bike.

It could be that people are seeing the light with regards to modern sensor controlled cars that can virtually drive themselves and have decided that the price of a sensor that tells them they need to put a bit of air in the tyre costs far more than the replacement cost of the damaged tyre! I notice too that in the UK the cost of insuring a 1997 car has risen as the insurance companies seem reluctant to insure older cars on the assumption that they are more unroadworthy, add to this the nearly £500 extra you have to pay on policies to anyone who works in the motor trade and then restrict them to driving only their own car unlike most fully comprehensive policies. Then add the vat and another rip off tax on on top.......I can see why classic cars have appeal with their cheaper insurance, and similar MPG to modern cars because they weigh so much with all the extra air bags, sensors and other safety features. Needless to say I just applied for a quote on my own car which has gone up considerably despite the promise that males insurance is going down on average by 6% because of the gender ruling, it seems that an extra years claim free driving counts for nothing, age 47 with 5 years NCB in a £200 car no convictions either, warrants a quote of just over £1000, now I see why the next car I'm going to own is going to be a classic!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1