Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PRO RUST

I have to give a big shout out to a solution I just discovered for cleaning my AMAL 276 carb on the restoration of my bike, PRO-RUST is incredible for getting rid of the dark grey oxide layer and bringing the carb back to a gleaming new look without scratches.
Here is the carb float chamber prior to cleaning:
Photobucket
and the results after:
Photobucket
After stripping the carb down and re-assembling after cleaning, this is the current result:
Photobucket
Been a bit of scrubbing with a toothbrush but I was previously wondering how to clean the carb without witness marks and this solution certainly allows that type of clean.
Christmas come early

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

Re: PRO RUST

Hi julian

Where did you get this stuff from ?

Many thanks

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

You can get this stuff from ebay (item: 221042996375). Get the Gel and not the liquid as it sticks to the aluminium surface more evenly.
Really does a magnificant job and looks better up close than the pictures show.
Went in the garage at 7pm tonight to have a trial and ended up completing the job, losing all track of time.
Beauty of this gel is that you can scrub on with a toothbrush and get a bowl of clean water to rinse off afterwards.
Has removed all of the coke inside the carb as well which can only help flow.

Highly recommend [8-)
Good luck.

"Went in the garage at 7pm tonight to have a trial and ended up completing the job, losing all track of time. "

Its brilliant when that happens, nothing else in the world seems to matter. You come out the garage with a job well done behind you a smile across your face.

Absolutely right Peter, I'm still smiling

Nieuwe pagina 1