Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
8" blackout mask

Hi Guys,

Look at this blackout mask that is currently on E-Bay no 181006109653;

$T2eC16dHJHEE9ny2sqt8BQh9cwpmFg~~60_12
$T2eC16hHJF0E9nmFTLzOBQh9eHW-2w~~60_12

Is this really a motorcycle blackout mask? I've seen a similar for sale recently that was slightly larger and came off a Bedford?
Please advise,

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Re: 8" blackout mask

Locating slot at the bottom of the rim seems a little odd.

Tim W

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

I think the "Lucas Maxlite" plate makes it a civilian version, if you remove or cover up the plate it will look military.

And if it is 8" it will fit a variety of vehicles including motorcycles, but watch out for the bigger 9" versions, I nearly bought one by accident the other day.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

I have just used one of these 8" Lucas Maxlite masks on my latest project. I removed the brass name plate and filled the indent with a finger full of body filler. The slot at the bottom is correct for the screw fixing of a DU142. Apart from the name plate I haven't really noticed much difference from a WD version. Some early WD bikes were even fitted with the civy louvred bean can thing. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Some of these look like 8" but when you try to fit them to a motorcycle headlamp they are sightly bigger then 8" and are probably for a car so beware.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

For all you ones who have been outbid......
there's a nicer one with a Buy Now price;
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/271088257452?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Good luck!

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1