Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off topic, prop stand on an M series plunger

Does anyone have any experience fitting a prop stand to a plunger frame?
Hauling my M21 plunger onto it's centre stand is progressively doing my back in and I'm about to fit a pair of Rodark panniers which is not going to make it any easier. I bought an old period after market prop stand and fitted it to the left hand frame rail just in front of the rear brake pivot but it scrapes the road at the hint of a left hand turn. Tried fitting it to the rail between the crank case and the gearbox behind the chain case but it fouls the brake lever when stowed. I guess my question is are there varying lengths in the after market stands that are available?

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Re: Off topic, prop stand on an M series plunger

Got one from a bike jumble on mine and it works a treat.
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

Hi Matty,
Have a look at http://www.wdbsa.nl/download/Rear%20stand%20modification.pdf
Shows my struggle to get the M20 on the rear stand, and my very satisfactory solution!

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Thanks Pete, I'll give it a go in that position although I think it contacts my brake rod.
Cheers.

Hi Hans,
Thanks for the link but unfortunately the plunger frame doesn't use a rear stand.

I have one on a 46 M21 mounted on the frame rail right near the front of the chaincase as far forward as possible.

my 1952 plunger B31 has a sidestand in the same position as the photo its a clamp on type but has been welded to the frame

Nieuwe pagina 1