Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Info on WM20 please

Hi,
Any history/info on this WM20 will be apreciated. Released and sold Pride and Clarke 1959. Workshops 1953. Untouched since. Army reg 97-YC-79
Frame number WM2024454 (re stamped) engine WM2027746. It has the seat lug attached to tank mounts not to frame and no rear pillion footrest lugs...all can be seen in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0zgSQiGMK8&feature=youtu.be

Thanks in advance
moto

Re: Info on WM20 please

lt looks all there though in oily rag condition there looks like the remnants of a divisional sign on the front mudguard you need to ask lex he might hold the disposal key cards for your bike which could show what unit i was with when disposed of

Nice to see one in that condition.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Thanks for that.hopefully those that know may see this post?

WM20 24454 is shown in the keycards with the post war registration 97YC79 and the rebuild tank serial C1444757, it was sold off by the Ministry pf Supply on 22/1/59 from BVD (Base Vehicle Depot) Bicester, which is where it probaby received the stenciled numbers on the petrol tank, showing the dates the bike was last checked/serviced.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for that info Rob. I also was wondering what the little red, yellow blue triangles are on the front edge of mudguard, also about the lack of rear footrest lugs and earlier type? seat lug, I remember seeing a post months ago about different front seat mounts.......any wartime history on frame number....I guess all surviving bike went through Army workshops in 1953 as I have seen lots with that date?
regards
moto

Nieuwe pagina 1