Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Poppy day meet up?

Is anybody intending to have a meet up on remembrance day ?
The Ace cafe are having a service and meeting for military bikes which I was thinking of going to. Anybody else going, or can suggest another place?

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

Re: Poppy day meet up?

Did you get out today Peter ?

I had a pleasant bimble this afternoon, only spoiled by losing the headlight switch knob and screw - I heard something go 'ping' and thought it was a stone from the tyres.

This is the memorial in the next village;

Hi Rik

I lost my M20 light switch in a motorway tunnel in Italy

But on a more positive note I took my Welbike to Honiton on Saturday to help with the Poppy selling and had a great day, a lady I spoke to said her father had worked at Excelsior from 1920 until the 50s and had actually helped to make Welbikes.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

I rode out to the the RAF memorial at Holmsley in the New Forest with Indian Tim and Ariel Graham and met up with about 40 other bikers for the 2 minute silence and Last Post. Then on to Sammy Millers for bacon butties. The weather was glorious. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Rob & Ron a lovely day by the sounds of it, looks a great memorial Ron. I may have mentioned this before, but one of the things I really enjoy doing is riding out to visit old ww2 airfields. I've ridden the M20 several old runways, one of my local biker contacts happens to own what's left of RAF Oakley one of the airfields used to bring back ex-POWs, I know this as my Uncle flew his Lancaster there several times loaded with our Boys.

Daughter #1 had her Brownie duties to perform this Sunday at her village memorial, so we went there, sadly didn't take the M20 & time ran out for a ride later, but I did fire her up and she sounded lovely.

Went to the Ace for last years, I think we drove, there was on M20 and one WLA, but a great turn out. Sadly we can't all go there these days with my vehicle, as the low emission zone means it would cost 100 quid a trip.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Rob & Ron a lovely day by the sounds of it, looks a great memorial Ron. I may have mentioned this before, but one of the things I really enjoy doing is riding out to visit old ww2 airfields. I've ridden the M20 several old runways, one of my local biker contacts happens to own what's left of RAF Oakley one of the airfields used to bring back ex-POWs, I know this as my Uncle flew his Lancaster there several times loaded with our Boys.

Daughter #1 had her Brownie duties to perform this Sunday at her village memorial, so we went there, sadly didn't take the M20 & time ran out for a ride later, but I did fire her up and she sounded lovely.

Went to the Ace for last years, I think we drove, there was on M20 and one WLA, but a great turn out. Sadly we can't all go there these days with my vehicle, as the low emission zone means it would cost 100 quid a trip.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

didnt go in the end to ace cafe memorial meet rain rain and more rain with canvas seat and panniers they go mouldy

Nieuwe pagina 1