Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
girder fork dimensions

Hi Guys
Just fitted the repaired forks to my bike and had the mudguard hit the frame front down tube. I have looked through both the DVDs and tried to look in the older posts but I can not find any fork dimension sheet. I was positive that I had seen one somewhere. Can any one shed some light on this? As I want to take the forks back to the repairer with some info to get them correct
Regards
Michael Hughes

email (option): michael@nammech.com.au

Re: girder fork dimensions

hi michael,this may sound daft but without pressure exerted on the forks from the weight of the bike,the spring will hit the headstock,and the mudguard will prolly be further back,may be better to fit the wheel,then have another look.
this was discussed recently ,and factory drawings posted .
use the search facility on the home page and try girder fork dimensions
hope this helps
cheers rick
ps ,this may help
http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1235023&cmd=show

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hi Rick
That is what I was hoping for as well as I pilt the bike on a truck gear box jack the wheel were off the ground till the end. But with a new spring from Ian it is sitting back up high. there is a noticable bend back in the fork frame. thanks for the link.
Regards
Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes
Hi Rick
That is what I was hoping for as well.I built the bike on a truck gearbox jack so it was only supporting the chassis the wheels were off the ground till I had almost finished it. But with a new spring from Ian the bike is sitting up high.Therefore bringing the forks closer to the frame, there is a noticable bend back in the fork frame. thanks for the link.
Regards
Michael Hughes

Nieuwe pagina 1