Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flying Flea rear hub question

I have a question about the Flying flea rear hub. The parts list shows a roller bearing fitted into the hub, I have 2 hubs which are slightly different, to all purposes they appear identical except for the tube that joins the 2 spoke flanges (the bit in the middle), they are both the same length but the diameter of the tubes on them is different, I looked in the parts list and it appears that the one shown in there has the spoke flanges joined invisibly to the tube (ie on the inside) instead of pushed on and spot welded on the otside of the tube as my other one is, so all went well until I went to strip it down to blast it and revealed that it has a cup and cone arrangement in it instead of the ball race as shown in the parts list. My question is, did any of the fleas have this arrangement? I checked the roller bearing size and it looks like it won't fit in. I've not stripped the hub with the smaller diameter tube in the middle as it is a pretty rough hub with one of the spoke holes pulled through, so obviously this one was my second choice and to be honest I'd rather not use it as it is nearly unserviceable and I presume that the bearing has even less chance of fitting in as presumeably it has an even smaller diameter where the bearing would fit.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Re: Flying Flea rear hub question

Dave, early Fleas had the cup & cone arrangement, it's in the workshop manual.

Grtz, Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: Flying Flea rear hub question

Thank god for that! I had visions of trying to find another hub!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1