Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gunsen colourtune

Has anybody tried these with magneto ignition?

I borrowed one to use on my Commando, and found it easy to get the mixture on both carbs just right. It was much easier than doing it by ear one cylinder at a time.

I will probably get one if they will be ok to use on my magneto equiped bikes, so has anybody tried it?

Re: Gunsen colourtune

Yes, I used it on my M20 and Triumph 3TA; great to have a look inside the cylinder while it's working!

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

I rember the colourtune, a few years back whilst peering in to the cylinder my nose got too close and got a spark down it for my curosity, sits in back of tool tray now !!andrew

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Err yes that hurts, must admit to copping a few in my time.
It is the most important tool in my tool box and I have now acquired 3 of them.
They work very well with magnetos.
However be warned of two big problems.
1) facination will cause you to sit there watching it for far too long overheating both the color tune & the engine.
2) hard revving may cause the glass window to blow out so use the tube & mirror ( this also avoids getting zapped )

You will find them very use full when it comes to tracking down a non starter and / or an annoying miss as in an instant you will know weather it is an electrical or fuel problem and for just that reason alone mine have paid for them selves 100 times over.

The down side is that modern fuel ( which is not petrol ) burns with about every colour flame except blue but a rich flame is still yellow. The modern fuel also gets the window filthy in no time flat but the magic solvent is Xylene.
Clean it very regularly as if you let the window cake up you will never get it off ( one reason why I have 3 ).

I have a 1 liter fuel can ( from a mower ) which I hang from a hook when I am using the color tune as it is a lot easier to see what is happening with the tank removed and this also limits how long I can have the engine running in any one session.

email (option): wariron@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1