Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keycard request 1941 G3WO.

Hello all,
May I request Lex search keycards for any history on my Matchless. Any help would be much appreciated.
The bikes details are as follows. Frame Number 15220, Engine Number 41/G3 26123. The petrol tank has the
registration number C4337228, and on the inside upper toolbox lid cover there is a Post- War Vehicle Repair
Data Plate.
The brass data plate information reads O/Haul 11/53, Cont 294/23/S4555. SCT4, Insp218, and 24YA10.
Many Thanks
Derick.

email (option): boadicea33tst@gmx.co.uk

Re: Keycard request 1941 G3WO.

Hello Derick,

Sent you another mail also.

24YA10, is in the cards, with framenumber 15220, sold on 17-3-1957 from Central Vehicle depot Eggington, the C number is interesting, as it has a prefix "RB" which means Rebuilt, had not seen that before!

The C number is 1454052, so not the number it left the factory with, this should be C4337228 according to my Matchless Enigma machine, and I see they put it right on the tank! or is that an original paint tank?

Engine numbers are not listed in the cards, but the fact that it was rebuilt, means it got another engine, hence the different number.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Did you digitalise these cards already?

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henk
Did you digitalise these cards already?

Haha, very funny, I've scanned 3/4 of the cards now, but will have a professional firm do the rest, then I'll start making the spreadsheet, so a little more time is needed!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Thank you Lex,
That's very interesting. I will try and post some pictures when I get a chance.
Best Regards Derick.

email (option): boadicea33tst@gmx.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1