WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
British Secret Wartime Follies

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: British Secret Wartime Follies

Great stuff
I like the way the wave chases the bike down the ramp, then he drop into the sea..! Engine full of salt water straight away so you have to push it up a sandy beach under fire. Something wrong with that idea..?

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I kinda like the tank water skiing! What stops you from drowning under the weight of your equipment as the tank speedily heads for the beach?

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

The motorcycles trying to ride along the improvised road is fantastic, like something out of 'it's a knock-out'!

I can't think why the panjandrum was never used.....
I also remember PLUTO and the pump house but some are a bit of a mystery (I have no sound on my computer). I couldn't imagine attacking a hostile beach armed only with a pair of hilarious knitted swimming trunks, standing in freezing water while shot & shell fell all around..... Crazy guys!

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

The Panjandrum was a terrific idea, shame it never progressed any further. Wasn't the Panjandrum featured in an episode of Dad's Army? and if I remember rightly wasn't there an officer on an old military motorcycle of some kind in this episode?

The problem with the panjandrum was they were never able to master the problem of making it go in the direction they wanted it to...so it was as much a danger to the man that deployed it as the obstacle it was 'aimed' at.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1