Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AMC Classic Spares Burgulary

I spoke to Lex today who told me he'd heard that AMC had had stuff stolen. So I Phoned Linda for clarification. They had their building on a nearby farm broken into and had all their S/H crankcases removed. After securing the building with extra locks, it seems the same team returned twice more in the same day and stole a whole lot more of their S/H spares. So watch out for a glut of AMC spares at jumbles,boot sales or ebay.....unless of course they just weigh it in at the scrap yard. Son Steven has been camping at the farm for a while.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: AMC Classic Spares Burgulary

Bound straight for the local scrapyard I should think?

Where abouts is AMC classic spares?

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

If the thieves stole the stuff to sell rather than scrap they won't be buying a villa with a pool in Spain on the proceeds.. ..I had a really nice set of mid 50s AMC crankcases with all the fixed fittings but after a couple of years lugging them to jumbles I got fed up looking at them and decided they had to go..they went to 2 jumbles at £5 but didn't sell..At the next Stafford someone showed an interest and I managed to cash in at £1.50 ...They didn't cost me anything so I wasn't to bothered and better that than scrapping them. The scallywags that pinched them from AMC spares won't do well at the scrappy either..if there are any steel parts fitted to the cases they are classed as 'mixed scrap' and the price is low.. At Netley last year I had real trouble giving away a fairly good 16H barrel...strange....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1