Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bloody boring day!

I'm waiting to get on with my WD/L project. Just phoned my tube guy to see if my new front pipe is ready. It's cut but the bending machine is set up for another operation till at least Thursday.
My petrol tank has to be soda blasted, but the guy is on holiday in Dubai.
My Jeep wings are ready for 2K primer after taking me weeks to prepare, but because of the obnoxious nature of this stuff, I need to be in the open air, and it's pissing down.
My Indian Special is off it's bench, so that a mate can do some work on his CO.
To top it all, my wife is talking about decorating our bedroom. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Bloody boring day!

Raining, wife making, decorating hints, shed out of commission.......sounds like a day to go down the pub
Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

Your lucky Ron, a wife who paints and decorates !! LOL andrew.h

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Well Ron, least doing the bedroom on a rainy day you may get lucky I am painting our outside carzy, cant even look at the bikes

It's lovely and sunny here today in Lincolnshire, bring your bits up here and you can paint them on my back lawn Ron.

It's been a lovely day here too, so I've been on the farm pigeon shooting.... or not as it happens. Nothing fly our way, but the pigeon decoys were attacked by a couple of hawks at different times. Brilliant to watch as they swooped so close to our heads the noise make me jump

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

It was a nice day in Banbury, so I took my Norton model 19 rigid out for a ride. In the evening I rode it 20 miles to have a couple of pints at Oxford. Just got in. The air outside is cool but bearable, and the bike has gone well all day. So all in all Iv had a brilliant day

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

Does it help that I've waited about 10 weeks for a pair of front forks from Dynasurf. They finally arrived and not even a sorry or a discount on the price when they told me it would be 14 days. I just want to ride the thing, not wait around for parts ;-)

It appears thay Dynasurf's standards have slipped since I used to deal with them, they used to do them in a week! I used to recommend them, but I don't think I will from now on if they are taking that long to do them.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Apparently some guy went on holiday for 4 weeks, then the receptionist for 2, then they told me they had problems getting the right fork seals for the 1977 F1 CB750 that it is. If only they had told me, I could have got them some in about 4 days.

I called Dynasurf loads of times to check / chase and no joy. My local motorcycle engineer said to use the guys in Luton, plus they are local, but heard good things so took the leap. Can't say I'll be using them again, on paying the bill, I said that I'd lost, road tax, insurance, time, weather etc etc..all he said was 'we've learnt from that, but I ain't making anything on them at the price they charged' you can make your own mind up about that, but 260 quid lighter for new seals, sanction tubes re-worked and a 10 week wait.

Nieuwe pagina 1