Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Universal frame

M20, but can be used for BSA Triumph Brough Superior Norton Matchless Scott AJS AJW Sunbeam Rex Acme Panther HRD Vincent Dunelt Coventry Eagle Ariel New Hudson Montgomery Grindlay Peerless OK Supreme OEC Francis Barnet James NUT Royal Enfield New Imperial Werner Douglas Excelsior DOT Calthorpe Cotton Chater Lea Zenith Stevens Velocette Rudge Sun Norman Bat Raleigh Bradbury Radco Levis Humber P&M Harley Davidson Villiers Indian JAP etc.

Re: Universal frame

Stupid me Forgot to mention the number: 271070040140

Unfortunately, already sold for GBP336

I wondered what you were going on about Hans? It's young blonde Paul again.
Seems like a side-car frame. Ron

PS Hans. I have put you a clutch tool by.

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

What about a 4 gear brake padal, in shiny brass? 280989346783

Must be a competition gimmick, the faster you go the higher your brake gear has to be I guess...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

From Delhi! That figures.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

hi,just to be nosey ,i had a look at his eleven pages of parts. to be fair he is offering free post on most of his stuff.there are a few interesting parts on there
which may or may not be pukka.
forget all the brass trinkets to customise enfields ans look a bit deeper.
there are repro rear lamps at similar prices as offered in the uk by uk sellers
but the one that caught my eye,stainless steel rims at £51.00 free post.
i cant say if they are any good,but that is certainly a lot cheaper than you can get any where.if these are the same as they use on the enfield bullets,they cant be that bad surely.
also his 3'' chrome tank caps,£29.00,i need three, cant get them for love nor money.
input required--has anyone dealt with this guy?
dont slag me off,im asking a genuine question
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Stainless rims for that price are likely to be potential death-traps. SS is not cheap and to get rims at that price you will have to cut corners somewhere. Don't forget that the wheels are the bits keeping you off the ground.
Just my opinion

Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

I can't comment on the specification of the stainless steel used for the Indian rims, though I would agree that there is at best a 50/50 chance of it being correct.
These rims are supplied by some UK wholesalers and I can say that in my personal experience they are not correctly drilled and dimpled for the application stated....
Regarding the 3" filler caps Rick I've mailed you....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

There was an article in the BSA members magazine "Star" fairly recently by the former owner of Devon Rim Company (I think) about stainless rims and some problems that he has encountered, particularly with budget Indian products.
Steel thickness and grade and punched rather than drilled spoke holes leading to cracking were among the problems. Put me off the cheap option!

Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

Nieuwe pagina 1