Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1945 WM 20 - Stopping Engine

Acquired this bike earlier this year and it is now up and running. Nowhere can I find any info on turning that engine off. I gather therefore that the army bikes had no off//on switch as I after looking at the wiring diagrams there are no references. What was or is the approved method of turning it off? Just stalling motor?
Does anyone work up an off/on switch? I had tried to make one up using the high beam switch on a horn button switch I had by grounding thru the earth brush to no avail as that did not provide a ground?
Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

email (option): Wpfillmore@gmail.com

Re: 1945 WM 20 - Stopping Engine

Hi,

This issue has been mentioned before.
The proper way to stop the engine is to use the valve lifter on the left steering side.
If your bike doesn't have one, drive into a quiet street, slow down carefully and try to jump off safely, step up from the ground, run after your motorcycle and than wait until the engine stops by itself!
Don't forget to shout to people to warn for a riding motorcycle without rider...!

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

Re: 1945 WM 20 - Stopping Engine

hi parker,use the exhaust lifter lever,thats what it is for.
you are not on your own on this one.it can also be used to aid starting,so you can position the piston just after top dead centre so you can maximise your swing to suit your own requirements.
hope this helps
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1