Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
very tidy wm20 in civvy trim

hi,heres a restored wm20 ,quite a few details given about its history.
new chrome and a paint job ,maybe this is for you.
seller is a number plate dealer who buys em just for that.
anyway if you want a look ebay 310452482333
happy bidding as they say
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Re: very tidy wm20 in civvy trim

I'll be interested to see how plates can be transferred after November with no MOT??

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

i suppose you will have to get it MOTed as even though they will be mot excempt there is nothing stopping you doing it

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

The way I understand it Roger. There will be no facility to get a pre 1960 vehicle MOT'd. Like there is no way you can MOT a tracked vehicle. I await a full understanding of the cherished plate situation. I've asked MOT examiners and even a DVLA inspector....None can answer! I won't lose too much sleep over it. But I don't want some beaurocrat telling me I can't transfer my numbers if I wanted too. A transferable number always adds a bonus selling point to a vehicle. Ron

Hi Ron
Just got off the phone from VOSA as from the 16th November a vehicle pre 1960 will not need an MOT to apply for road tax, but you can still MOT the vehicle if you wish to do so.

Tony ( one 1/2 of the likely lads )

Thanks for that Tony. I wonder why that information has not filtered through to the necessary sources. Ron

This phrase made me laugh -

"ITS NOT OFTEN THAT A RIGID GIRDER FORK BIKE FROM THE 1940,S COMES ON THE MARKET."

It happens more often than that a spring frame, telescopic forked bike from the 1940s comes on the market !

It's quite a 'tidy' looking bike but how can people fit modern 'universal' chromed horns hanging off coloured vinyl wiring and still call it a 'restoration' ? 'Custom Bobber' would be a better description !

It looks as if an older age-related number was transferred from this bike so no real harm done.

I have been told from our local (maidstone) VRO office that any machine, car or motorcycle that is, having a registration transferred must still be MOT'd.

Yes Moto, that was my understanding. But I was also under the impression that pre 1960 vehicles can't be MOT'd after November. But hopefully, according to Tony's information, that is not the case. Ron

I'm still wondering how you are going to get an MOT when the test is revised and exempt vehicles won't meet the test criteria...For example, I had an SVA registered car that was 2000 reg. However, the first time it went for an MOT under the computerised system it couldn't even be booked onto the system as it didn't have a catalytic converter, which vehicles of that age would normally have. It took about 10 days of phone calls and hassle to sort it out.
Without officially sanctioned exemptions operative under any new MOT test procedure that is introduced no old vehicle would get an MOT I wouldn't have thought.
Substantial changes to the current testing regime are in the pipeline but not finalised yet, so I wouldn't assume you will get an MOT after these changes are brought in......Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1