Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
completely off topic

hello, i am looking for a metal sleeve for a pickaxe helve from Hardy Patent Pick of Sheffield.
if there is anyone who has one for sale please let me know......

Photobucket

Re: completely off topic

Strangely enough, I bought one today, I'll have a look at it in a moment and let you know what markings it has. I presume that it is an entrenching tool, not a massive pick axe? I have nothing to judge it's scale from.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Mine consists of the mattock head made by Lucas (surely not the Joseph Lucas?) and is dated 1944 and my shaft is unmarked, it has the bayonet attachment for the No.4 spike bayonet for use as a mine probe. I also have the bayonet to go on it. If you want to buy it it is for sale for £25 complete with the bayonet. I don't have the canvas bag for it but you can still pick them up quite easily. If you have a use for it please email me off forum

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Dave,

its unlikely its a Joseph Lucas, its more likely that its an Edward Lucas.

if i am not mistaken, that one is from the 37 pattern webbing i think but its not the one i'm after. what i am looking for is the full size helve as used in british militay vehicles like the universal carrier et al. the helve is usually some 36 inch in lenght and the helve weighs 4 1/2 lbs.

Photobucket

Clive I regret that I can't let you have one of mine as I'd never dig myself out of a hole .
I have four WW2 dated pick axes attached to vehicles. Two of which are the type you want.
I'll send you more pictures and info for you research archive and keep an eye open for another one. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1