Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lifting stay studs

On my post-war rear frame these studs differ in length, probably because of the sidecar mounts. But how long are these for the war frames, and the length of the thread on both sides? I suppose they are 5/16" CEI, if anybody can measure an original one, I'll be happy

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Re: Lifting stay studs

Hans WDM20 58764
On my post-war rear frame these studs differ in length, probably because of the sidecar mounts. But how long are these for the war frames, and the length of the thread on both sides? I suppose they are 5/16" CEI, if anybody can measure an original one, I'll be happy

Still anxiously waiting for a charitable soul who can give me those desperately needed data...

Hans send you a PM

André

email (option): vplrn@hotmail.com

Hans,

Didn't I once send you an autocad drawing of these?

Cheers, mate

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

No Robb, I don't think so, but with my sometimes fading memory it's possible

Hi Hans,
Do you mean the studs in the rear of the fram right above the axle? I had 2 different lengths, the one on the left side was longer but I attributed it to the extra length needed due to the extra bracket (about 3/12" thick) for the field stand clip.
Sorry I can't get you exact length, my left stud was so badly stripped in the frame I had to make one up and weld it into the frame. I hope to never have to replace it, would need to cut it off drill and retap.

email (option): vinver(at)ns.sympatico.ca

Thanks Vincent, problem already solved! The ones on my post-war frame are also correct for the war-type frame, with the side stand. That left-hand stud is longer to accommodate the side stand clip

Nieuwe pagina 1