Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bikes in period photos

Bit of a long shot this one, I know, but I wondered if anyone has come across this? Does anyone know of a bike in a period photo that is still running somewhere on the circuit? An even longer shot would be that you have seen your own, or a bike known to you personally, in a wartime picture. It does happen quite often with later post war vehicles and I have heard of a jeep that still exists that appears in a Normandy shot - but I have not heard of any bikes yet. Any stories?

email (option): cruiserchooser AT hotmail.co.uk

Re: Bikes in period photos

I've scoured Henk's disc for a period photo of mine, without luck. I've also asked a few others who, as yet, have had as much luck as me. Fingers crossed, someone has found theirs.

Here's a picture of a Canadian on a 16H that is contract C11082. The number on the tank is C46024-- the last to digits being covered by the unit number.

Ok it's a 1 in 100 chance but my bike is C4602473

It could be my bike

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

My bike comes from such an unclear contract that I can't even calculate my tank number so I'll never know for sure if it's in a photo or not.

My BSA should most likely have C4191513 so it can be any of these bikes

A bit like Horrors bike, we'll never know for sure

Henk

C4191513

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I've wondered the same thing,and looking at the website photo got me all excited-but it turned out to be 28 numbers away from my bike (mine is C4342265)

email (option): m20wc51@yahoo.com

That's close Doug that picture gives you a very good idea what your bike looked like, rifle clips and all

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

yes, that would make a perfect reference photo for mine. Right now, it's painted desert tan, and it has pannier racks on it. When I restored it back around 1990, I found one part with original paint on it-a primary cover spacer. It was a milk-chocolate brown. If I ever get around to repainting it, I will try to go back to this look, as closely as I can.

email (option): m20wc51@yahoo.com

Here a list with all tank C numbers I have in war time photos. If any of you want one just let me know. You can find all these photo and LOTS more on the BSA WDM20 DVD.

Henk.

BSA tank C numbers

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1