Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Keycard question...

I gather from searching the forum that keycard questions come up on a regular basis, but i was unable to find the answer to mine.

Lex has scanned the keycard for my bike and I'm now learning more about it's history. The bit I can't make out is what the 'HTIV' next to the date 6/1/69 stands for. I guess the date is when it was disposed of and 'HTIV' is where it went to for disposal.

Ignore the writing in red as it belongs to the next record down the page.

Any ideas.

Regards,

Stuart

email (option): stu.gibbins@btinternet.com

Re: Another Keycard question...

Hi Stuart, I have the same question. My M20 has the following info on the keycard: WD No 08YD83 Frame No. 31876 Converted from 1436006 Unit to HTN 29.6.66.
Sorry, I haven't worked out how to copy & paste the keycard image into this reply but the letters HTN definately appear on the card. I was wondering whether your keycard is infact reading the same i.e. HTN and not HTIV?

Perhaps there is someone out there who can solve this one for us????

email (option): peter.h.wright@btinternet.com

Or is it HT/V?

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I've zoomed in a bit more and I'm sure it's not HTN but as Dave suggested it could be HT/V. If so what does HT/V stand for?

Peter, I use Photobucket for putting my photo's on the forum. It's fairly straightforward to use, just upload your photo's then when you hover over the image you want to show just copy the 'image code' and paste it into your post.

Stuart

The "V" could be the Roman numeral for 5, so it could be the fifth depot of HT whatever HT stands for

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Ok my first attempt at posting a picture!

As you can hopefully see there are two entries on the card with the letters HT? They look like HTN to me but on the other hand they could be HT/V or HTIV. What do you all think?

My M20 is 08YD83 by the way. It was first registered for civilian use by a dealer from Nottingham in early 1967, so the date 29.9.66 is almost certainly the date of disposal by the army. The Nottingham connection also suggests to me that it may have come from the auctions at nearby Ruddington.

Can anyone shed any further light on this? Many Thanks

email (option): peter.h.wright@btinternet.com

while on the subject of key cards is mine in there WM20 85085 i have got it as C 5118485 thanks for looking roger

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Hi Roger,

Yes it is, card 514b. Contact Lex for more information about the card.

Your C number seems to be the right one.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Peter, looking at your key card it might suggest that mine is also 'HTN' that has just been rubbed away a bit over time. Still none the wiser as to what it means though.

Stuart

No suggestions what HTN may stand for?

Stuart

hi stuart,i think we have discussed this topic before so a quick search may throw up a bit more info.the ruddington auctions were carried out by messers,walker,walton and hanson,im sure i have posted this before.their records are apparently in the nottingham archive.
interestingly ,if you google ruddington auctions there are some story pages,
one is from some morris minor club,there are two addresses at the foot of the page relating to army archives for vehicle info,got to be worth a try
try this http://www.govminors.mmoc.org.uk/history.html
you may get lucky
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Cheers for that Rick, I'll have a look. I'm completely new to WD bikes (just bought WM20) and not even sure what questions I should be asking. Must admit I've used the search facility for lots of subjects but not this one!

Stuart

Nieuwe pagina 1