Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Voltage control unit

Hello,

Please, can somebody tell me the Lucas type, serial number, model of voltage control unit that was fitted to a 1943 BSA M20. Thank you.

email (option): pat.slinn@btinternet.com

Re: Voltage control unit

Hi Pat..It was the Lucas MCR1.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yes Pat. Like this one, and not the taller post war MCR2 model. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron

Where did you get that rubberised wiring & colour tags from ?

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John I was lucky enough to receive a NOS DU 142 headlamp with my WD/L project. It came complete with wiring loom. You can read all about it here if you want.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?30215-Royal-Enfield-WD-L-project

Ron

Hi Ron

Good fortune for sure

I looked through the posts on the link you submitted & noticed the one on the triumph twins

That bike is owned by a chap from Derby way, he is a pal of a friend of mine from Macclesfield

It's a nice bike

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Yes never did find out how genuine that WD Tiger 100 is. Shame to do that to such a bike if it's a mock up. Ron

Thank you for your replys to my query regarding voltage regulators.

Will a Lucas MCR2 regulator replace a MCR1 version ?. and would any modiforcations be needed ?

AND,......I have seen some Army M20's where the fasteners have been painted the same colour as the bike, and some where the fasteners are in the Cadnium looking spec, what is correct, or isin't there really an answer ??.

email (option): pat.slinn@btinternet.com

Pat. Absolutely you can use an MCR2. They just don't really look correct for WW2. The MCR2 was a replacement for the MCR1 when the dynamo output was increased from 45 to 60 watts. Again these postwar dynamos can be used. ( they're a bit longer)
I think most manufacturers supplied WD bikes with either cad or dull plated fixings new from the factory. Some had a chemicle or electro black finish But all could easily have been painted over during REME workshop re-paints of for camo purposes. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1