Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MT1130 taillight

Look at my new original MT1130 taillight. As the red lens was missing I painted a clear one and it looks absolutely great. With a little Talens clear red 300 glas paint from Erik and a taillight body from Lex I have a very nice pretty rare taillight that I will put on my sidecar BSA. If it ever get's on the road

Henk

Lucas MT1130

Lucas MT1130

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: MT1130 taillight

Very nice !!, Henk.

I think we turned around almost every car sidelight at Beaulieu to see if Lex missed one, but no luck.

Could you post or send me a picture of the bottom and from the bulbholder?. I have bought a complete regular one and will adapt this one in the near future (a la Corcoran) but I wonder how the original is fixed to the numberplate. I can use the hole in the rear but I think it will need another to fix it firmly.

Regards, Michiel

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

Here is the replica MT1130 that I made for my WD C10. But then I found an original. In the second picture you can see my replica with my original.

Ron

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the pictures, Ron.

That make it very clear. I will try and copy that as nice as I can.

Regards, Michiel

Beautyfull stuff isn't it! wish I'd found another 10

If anyone needs more pictures of them, let me know.

Also if someone will make a vacuum mould for the transparent lenses, let me know.

Glad everybody is happy!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

The weekend converted a 1130 into a 'fake' MT1130, took a slightly different approach as Mr. Corcoran displays on his website: made 3 parallel cuts on a row and filled the hole with a piece of brass and soldered it in with silver. It went easier than I thought, it took me more time to shorten the bulbholder.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks again for your pictures, Ron / Henk, very useful for the small detailling! , Regards, Michiel

Now that you've made a number plate illumination window, if you want to portray 1939 / 40 then you'll have to cut yourself a piece of black card and block the window off again !

Don't take any notice Michiel! He's just a shirty Norton owner with a bog standard common or garden MT110 Ron

Ron Pier
Don't take any notice Michiel! He's just a shirty Norton owner with a bog standard common or garden MT110 Ron

Yes Ron, the bog standard MT110 that was fitted by a Nortons to W4216 in January 1940 and which still has its black manilla mask inside.

Unfortunately, even with the lamp blocked out, my poxy reflective Belgian number plate still stands out like a Belisha beacon in the black-out.

Hi Rik, come over to Holland, same language, nice dark blue numberplates and no black-outs at all!!

I still prefer our black and white ones Ron

Photobucket

What's wrong with white on green???

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Nieuwe pagina 1