Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Original tyre ?

Putting together a fairly original WNG.
Few bits missing (i.e. steel chaincase inner but no outer)

I was told the bike was sent to Norway during the war and then recovered in the past few years. Yeah right. Whatever; I thought.

However, as I was just about to take off and bin the rear tyre I noticed the markings .. cannot be original surely .. it's the "militare" bit that made me stop but would they put "made in Norway" on, surely not ??

To be fair, it's old and while not in bad nick (the tread is very good) I intend this to be my main bike for winter use etc then I need some proper tyres ....

Hi to Noam Zehavi .. we work for the same company (in different parts of the world)

cheers

John

email (option): madoc500@hotmail.com

Re: Original tyre ?

Several of these W/NG's seem to have been left with the Norwegian army then sold of to civilians. I bought two such bikes that were repatriated......And why wouldn't they use their own made tyres.......and strange colour green paint?

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Original tyre ?

It's green/rust colour
I was giving the wheel a work over with the wire brush to determine whether the rim and spokes are recoverable. Looks like there was brown paint under the green before I hit rust. Inside the drum is brown too.

Anyone building a tribute Norwegian WNG and need a tyre ? If not then it's going to the tip ...

email (option): madoc500@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1