WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No Comments

Ebay:

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: No Comments

What Price Glory has a pretty good website of stuff for sale, interesting to see them on e-bay now. If that is actually them, and not somebody using WPG as a misnomer to start an e-bay dealer. They sell a good selection of new and repro, and some old military stock, but sometimes you have to watch the descriptions carefully.
Dispatch rider helmets seem to be climbing in price, but not sure if the market is large enough to accomodate a bunch of repros flooding the market.
http://onlinemilitaria.com/

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Where would you stand legally if you were stopped by the Police whilst you were wearing one of these replica WW2 DR helmets? The originals are legal to wear on the road aren't they? but are the modern replicas passed as safe for road use?

Am just waiting for the repro WM20!

bill i dont think they would comply being new the original one only comply as i think the legistration that crash helmet have to comply with usualy exclude ones built before said date so old ones dont need to comply but insurance companies would want the E number which this helmet wouldnt pass

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Henri
Let us know what you think of the helmet when it arrives

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

Unfortunately I don't think there is an exception for older helmets where Henri lives - they all need to comply with the same standards.

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

I had no intention to purchase that helmet, I have one from the Greek forces stationed in North Africa. I was just surprised to see such a mondaine item being reproduced.

Glad to hear that it may be from a well known provider.

Nieuwe pagina 1