Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Certificate of Transfer

Hi all, is there anyone here that has an original "Certificate of Transfer" for his bike? and could do me a scan?

These certificates were issued when a WD bike was sold off at the auctions after the war.

Have a bad copy of a Matchless one, but would like to see some Norton/BSA ones.

Let me know,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: Certificate of Transfer

To clarify a bit more, without this certificate it was not possible to obtain a civillian registration in GB, so thats why there must be not many left, (you had to give this certificat to the registering authorities) but surely someone must have seen one somewhere??

Seems every time I ask something, nobody has an answer!!

Cheers,

Lex

I've never seen one Lex.

I have seen a 1959 UK registration document that says "Ex government vehicle before date below".

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Lex, I bought a few ex MOD motr trucks back in the 70s never saw a cert of transfer, but you had to prove you were the owner, by showing a bill of sale to the reg people AKA, DVLA as now is, but all the big dealers used to register them for you, all the ones I bought were registered as agricultral tractors, ,perhaps there was a fiddle going on,Perhaps the certificate of transfer was an imediat post war thing andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

i had a B40 which had one with it but i suppose it was a modern one sold it with the bike sorry and what an awful bike to ride

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

OK, thanks all for trying, must be a rare thing then!

Cheers,

Lex

Nieuwe pagina 1