Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Metal EMs on a G3

Just Back from Bethune Trip with IMPS, The G3 Was knocked over together with two M20s,when a certain person reversed his Jeep over them on his return from an evening at the camp site,(we were in a hotel )My tank started leaking badly,on the sunday so never managed the ride into souchez town, well I removed it last sunday, and the anti leak stuff (petseal)was broken up and loose, the falling over bit was likly the last straw, any way as I am in the netherlands on the 22nd need the tank sorted double Quick, I can borrow one off a G3L, that has metal Ms on the sides of tank, so question is,Will this be right for a 1940 G3,I can blast them to sort out the chrome, if so I will paint tank and it will stay on the bike, any body any pics of such a bike,andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Re: Metal EMs on a G3

Hi Andrew, a G3L tank will fit, but it will look slightly odd as the mountings are further forward, so the tank will sit slightly further back, revealing alot more of the head stock. All G3's had the metal "M" badges, originally the seperate wing type.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Thanks mick will have a measure up tom, mick will a G3 tank fit a g3L as the one with wings on looks different to another G3L tank I have Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi Andrew, I have never tried but I think it will, but the front of the tank will be quite close to the forks, they may even hit it on full lock.
BTW the early G3L's were fitted with metal badges, but no knee rubbers.
CHeers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1