Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pannier frame size

I've just bought some Schipperfabrik pannier bags at great expense, and getting stung £20 customs duty as well, only to find they are too tight to fit my frames.

Schipperfabrik are saying my frames are wrong. Can some one please measure the length of the top of the pannier frame to make sure mine are the same size.
Thanks.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Pannier frame size

I have 3 pairs.

Pair one with the sliding lock braces are 14 1/8"

The other 2 pairs have the butterly nut braces and vary from 14" up to
14 1/8".

And I seem to remember a similar thread on this topic some time ago?

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

My repro 'butterfly nut' frames are 14 inches and my Schipperfabrik bags dont fit either. Very tight, but I have managed to get them on but it does mean the press stud fasteners wont mate up.

email (option): cruiserchooser AT hotmail.co.uk

Hi Horror, my bags from schipperfabrik are also a tight fit, and when and if they get wet will be tighter, Have tried, them on two or three sets of frames, seem to be the same,just my two p worth, andrew

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

And then when they're on, both the y strap & main strap are about an inch too short when the bags are packed.

Ps my repro frames are 14 1/4 inches

Thanks everyone for your replies, mine are the sliding type and measure 14 1/8" the bags measure 13 1/2". I'll let Schipperfabrik know it's there bags, not the frames.

lee i made my own Y straps and when the bags are really full my Y straps only touch what i have done it shortened a valise strap but cutting it and resewing the buckle back on and use it as an extention to the Y straps

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Out of interest, has anyone who's had a problem with these bags let Schipperfabrik know..?
There attitude to this is they've sold 200 bags and no one's said there's a problem.

I found they were bloody tight on original frames but they fit the Indian repros perfectly. Perhaps thats what they used for the jig!
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

There was somebody from this forum, Frank I think his christian name is. I bought a set of bags that he makes which I was happy with.

email (option): Gadboy@btinternet.com

I was planning to talk to Schipperfabrik about the bags and the length of the Y straps before ordering a set for my M20 rebuild. Both of the sets I have had previously were too tight for the frames and the 'joining strap' between the bags could have done with another 1" at least on the length. The one set of Y straps I bought were also too short with the bags loaded...Ian

Hey Pete, that will be Frank Brown (01942 514738. He made the bollock protectors for the tank top filters. His site is www.pegasusww2displays.co.uk
Cheers, mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Yes I told Schippers about the Y strap length. But they didn't respond. However when I told them about a pair of bags that I received that had some damage to the leather corners. They sent me a new pair, toot sweet and let me keep the damaged pair free.....Mind you the new fabric was a bit orange!! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

His site www.pegasusww2displays.co.uk is not responding

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

I have contacted Schipper about the tightness of the bags and they tell me the next batch will be made wider. Until then we cut a section out of the middle of our frames and weld them up narrower! :-)

Nieuwe pagina 1