Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bovington Military Vehicle Show

Just read that Bovington Tank Museum holds a Military Vehicle Show on Saturday 22nd Sept and are looking for members of the public with vehicles to show. Is this a regular show and anyone attending with their bikes? Ron is this your neck of the woods?
Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Re: Bovington Military Vehicle Show

Quite right Pete, I'm booked in with my M20. We had Vicki from the TM at our MVT club meet last week to promote it. I've had an association with the TM for nearly 25 years but they seemed to be getting less interested in us. But Vicki is trying to revamp an interest. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron Pier
Quite right Pete, I'm booked in with my M20. We had Vicki from the TM at our MVT club meet last week to promote it. I've had an association with the TM for nearly 25 years but they seemed to be getting less interested in us. But Vicki is trying to revamp an interest. Ron

Ron, any chance of a picture of Vicki?? if you're booked in, it must be worthwhile?

Cheers,

Lex

ps, I will be at the "Race to the Bridge" event in Holland.

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

hi,i dont think i can make the trip down there twice in twenty days as i plan to be at Nettley marsh. but an interesting point for any motorcycle enthusiast
visiting Bovington camp,to the right of the main gate,is a small car park
with a memorial stone to the legendary T.E.Lawrence (of arabia)where he was
assasinated, sorry i mean where he was knocked of his Brough Superior.
further up the road ,on the same side,his abode,Clouds hill.
nearby in the village of Moreton is his grave ,near the church where his funeral
took place attended by non less than Winston Churchill himself.
also dedicated to Lawrence is a crypt type memorial in Wareham church,although i have not seen this in person.
definitely a nice ride round if thats the thing you want to do after the tank museum bit.
just food for thought,hope it helps
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Very cynical Rick. I thought he swerved to miss a bread boy delivering "chreal 'Ovis"

Most tourists think the Brough in the glass case in the museum is his! But it's just a wrong model Brough.

Lex, Vicki is blonde with green eyes and about 29 years old, 5'6" tall, big boobs long legs and short skirt and small butterfly tattoo on right ankle.......But I never really noticed her! Ron

Ron, whats the format of the show? strangely enough I've a few days down there at Wareham next week but would travel down again if worthwhile as my late father was stationed at Bovington with 2RTR.
Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Pete I really don't know what is happening. For me it's just a 1/2 ride and turn round and go home if it's rubbish. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1