Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
magneto

B31 saga even though i had the magneto rebuilt 5 years odd ago do they go down with lack of use after taking the engine apart three times thinking it was something that i had done wrong rebuilding the enging i am wondering whether the mag has gone using my nephew to kick it over(lots of kicking energy) while i watched i get a good blue spark but i have noticed i only get the one also there is arcing across the point has the condenser gone if so ian do you rebuild mags thank roger

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: magneto

What neck of the woods are you in? I have a tame magneto rebuilder who is very quick

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

i live in orpington north kent i wouldnt worry about being quick i have been rebuilding it for 3 years so do you think its the mag then thanks roger

Try Fred on 01829 740542, He should be able to give you some advice before you get it rebuilt

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

He rebuilt my magdyno, i fitted it, wired up the dynamo, and havnt a seconds trouble with it ever since
Are you sure the mag has a good earth i.e. that it isnt mounted on a painted platform

email (option): Gadboy@btinternet.com

Give the points a file, they've probably oxidised sitting around.

thanks every body i had cleaned and checked the points earlier and i checked the earth today it was ok so it looks like a phone call to fred and send mag off to him

dave tried to phone fred the magneto man no reply is he on holiday at the moment

Nieuwe pagina 1