Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Founders Day

The VMCC Founders Day rally is now going to be held on Sunday 2nd September at Stanford Hall, near Rugby. The theme this year will be military machines and it has one of the best autojumbles of the year. Is anyone intending to go along? Cheers John

Re: Founders Day

Should be there John, with the "little" Cushman.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

post code please thanks roger

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

I'll hopefully be there on the G3 all being well.

I reckon it will be a huge turnout, as I think its a more convenient date, its a favorite of mine, lots of good people.

Hi John, I'll be there, if anyone plans to trailer and wants to leave at mine your more than welcome, its about 20 mile ride to the show.
Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Is anyone interested in riding up from London & making an adventure out of it ?

DR's did this routinely !!

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John,

I think the DR's in those days did't have the sensation of being overtaken on the motorway by cars doing 80 - 90 mph. I like riding my M20 and I am not too worried about myself but I do worry about the idiots in their cars that have not much consideration for us motorcyclists on classic bikes.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

I am trying to get that day off work to go.
Jacks Hill cafe, just north of Towcester on the A5 could be a good place to meet up for convoy to the rally

I don't want to have to ride the motorway any more than I ave to Leon, but there must be a route north from here that I can avoid most of it - hence the adventure side

:-)

Some map studying required methinks !!

Peter
I used to use the tow ester cafe when I used to drive pastic rockets to donning ton & silver stone, that could be an optional route for me

Jo'b

Jon
If I can get the day off work, i will certainly meet you and any others who want a ride up the A5 then around a few lanes to Stanford Hall

to find a route not using the motorways go to the AA route finder and put in not to use the motorways but keep an eye on it because it sometimes take you a very long way round

Hi roger

The aa routefinder is very good, amersham, Aylesbury, (Buckingham or Milton Keynes) tow fester & then up the a5

87 miles so not a bad trip at all

Must start planning !!!

Peter, will drop you a line about possibility of meeting up so

Thakns roger

Job

Hi John

I'm not far away so meet you at or near Towcester.

Pete

is this the stamford hall near coventry

Roger try this.

http://www.thetaverners.com/Founders_Day.htm

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It's close to rugby roger . Near the m1 / M6 junction

Best regards

Job

There's still a lot of if's but's & maybe's regarding work, hols etc, but what sort of time would you be meeting at Towcester/Pete Ingrams? A convoy of DR bikes turning up at Founders Day would be good

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

You're a bunch of lucky buggers on mainland GB. Those of us isolated on the Continent don't have it so easy.

I'll be at Netley (and Beaulieu) but couldn't manage two weekends in a row.

Hi Lee

Am trying to sound outv a few hardy souls to ride up or meet on the way

As you say, a convoy of us to arrive would be great, surely it can't be complicated eh

Maybe Peter or Pete as locals can advise, but I think that Stanford should be no more than an hours ride from Towcester - if so - 09.30 to arrive at 10.30 or 10.00 to arrive at 11.00 sounds reasonable

Any one up for it ?

Rik - I feel your pain, but so much to do and see your side of La Manche and no ferry required to go to Normany - big bonus that !!

See you at Netley ??

Best regards

I fancy that, as long as I can escape from other commitments.
My plan involves vanning my bike up from Dorset so if all goes well, I can meet at a suitable venue.
Let's hope summer arrives in time...

John, your right, Jack Hills cafe at Towcester is no more than an hour away, straight down A5 and cut through Crick, nice B roads.
lee, if your trailering your more than welcome to leave at mine, 2 mile south of Daventry, can meet up with the rest at Towcester or Weedon on A5.

Thanks Pete, that's spot-on.
I won't know for sure until I get back from my hols a couple of days before, but fingers crossed...

John, my location has some advantages but I have a days drive to get to Normandy and and the likes of Ron have a twenty minute ride to the ferry that drops them off at the door. I can't quite escape the feeling that the UK is one of the best places in the world in which to pursue an eccentric hobby.

I'm certainly hoping to be at Netley, assuming Mr. Rewdco sorts out the practicalities. Leave is booked, wife and children have been notified in triplicate...

So, shall we say set off from Jacks Hill cafe 10.00 hrs?

Its a bike freindly cafe about 400M north of the A43/A5 crossroad/roundabout

email (option): Gadboy@btinternet.com

Hi Peter, I'm ok to meet at Jack Hills or Weedon. John, Lee, is this ok for you? Anyone else joining us? Lets hope for decent weather.
Pete

I'm easy, is there plenty of parking at the cafe? If so, I could unload the bike over a cup of cha and a bacon sarnie before heading north.

Lee, there is a huge car park at the cafe as its also a truckers cafe and often hosts various club meetings including the annual 'ton up' bikers meet.
Pete

Nieuwe pagina 1