Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Suitable 2 Stroke oil

Hi
Has anyone thoughts/suggestions on the best premix 2 stroke oil to run my Mk2 Series 1 Welbike on.

Is it wise to use modern oils ,or stick to the recommended oil from Villiers Service.

The reason for asking I ran my Welbike at Croft nostalgia weekend , everything was going fine ,correct oil to petrol ratio and approx 3miles later it "nipped", it freed off when it cooled but obviously a rebore/piston is the next move .

I'm thinking possably a modern oil would be a better choice , any advice would be appreciated .

Thanks

Dave

Re: Suitable 2 Stroke oil

Dave, what I always use in my WB and other 2 stroke bikes is a 1:35 mixture, and use the best (usually the more expensive ones) syntetic twostroke oil there is.

Never had any problems, you can even go 1:40 without any problems.

Even after nipping up, it might still be OK. And there's also some special additive that you can mix in the petrol, or oil with 4 strokes that leaves a microscopic film on the parts, and will prolong engine life a lot, cannot think of the name right now?? was very expensive, but helps a lot.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Lex

Thanks for the info , I used the Villiers recommended oil thinking it would be ok ,considered the modern oils(my lads raced motorcycles) should have known better , but that answers my question. I'll switch it over to a synthetic premix oil, if you manage to remember the name of the other oil/addative and could let me know I would very much appreciate it.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Lex
I have just had a look in my garage and have a approx 15 ltr of Motorex Fully Synthetic 2T race oil ,do you think this would be suitable.

Thanks again

Dave

Hi Lex,

Are you talking about Xado addative ?

http://www.xado.co.uk/

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

By the way,

Although new synthetic oils should work fine and probably better than the original
And have lower smoke emission (You can even buy it with rose smoke scent nowadays..)
And lower carbon buildup on barrel head and exhaust,
- Please note that some of those oils are intended for outboard engines,
And usually marked as “TCW” rated, and genially designed to work at lower engine temp:
TCW=Two Cycle Water cooled.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

They were only meant to be ridden a few miles then dumped.You must have reached it's limit!

douglas
They were only meant to be ridden a few miles then dumped.You must have reached it's limit!

Thought they did 90mile on full tanks , must have been the 2 laps of the race circuit at full throttle .

Nieuwe pagina 1