Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear Stand advice

Hi
BSA WD M20,The Rear stand pivot/bolt hole on the spring side has broken due to wear.

The rear part of this bolt/pivot hole on the frame has broken/snapped off, this has caused the rear stand to slip out.

I have now unbolted the other side and removed the rear stand, can anyone offer advice as to how this Bolt/pivot hole on the frame shoud be repaired?

Any advice suggestions appreciated
John B
North Yorkshire

Re: Rear Stand advice

Ouch! Ian has the same problem to fix and Henk has done it...with pictures I think. I've feeling you will have to strip the rear frame portion out to do it properly though. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

HI RON
are Henk's pic's of his repair on line ?
John B
North Yorkshire

No I don't think so. Send him an email.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Here my rear frame repair photos.

I made a disc of the right size and shape and welded it in the frame after grinding away enough material to have a good gap to weld it in place.

Henk

BSA frame repair

BSA frame repair

BSA frame repair

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Just repaired one 2 days ago, by building it up with mig weld and grinder.

is it not possible to weld the broken bit back on

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Building it up is what I deed the first time a few years earlier but that wore away rapidly. Now I have use a good piece of steel. This repair is done years ago and it's still strong and hardly any wear yet. It was also easy to line up the two holes this way.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi All
Thanks for the advice regards welding repair, and Henk for photographs of his repair procedure.

I do not have the ability to do this repair myself, will have to take it to someone to do, which of the repair procedures would be the best, 1.the build up with welding or 2. the insertion of a boss as Henk suggests?

I suppose it would be best to have both sides done?

If I stripped it down I could trailer it to a repairer
to save time.

What needs to come off to get at both sides,
Mudguard
Pannier Frame
Whole rear brake
Tool box
Exhaust

John B
North Yorkshire

Nieuwe pagina 1