Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
slider type petrol tap washers

Anybody know of a readily available source (UK) for washers for the slider type petrol taps? They are all that seems to be between me getting off on a run next weekend (ignoring the weather issue:-) ) As an alternative has anyone successfully made their own from anything - 'O' rings / thick gasket paper etc?
The taps are obviously pattern and look fairly new and have more play in the slider than I really want to think about, but the washers inside are completely shot. They were leaking when I bought the machine and naively thought the gland nuts just needed tightening. How wrong . thanks for any pointers.

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

Re: slider type petrol tap washers

You might get away with cutting the seals from wine bottle corks.

Martin Bratby supplies them ready made. John

Find some 1/8" rubber-cork gasket material and make your own. But first test a piece in a jar of your local brew of petrol/gas (wherever you live)
First punch the small hole; I use a 4mm (3/16")punch. Then use a 14mm (9/16")cutter to cut the disc. But never let them dry out!

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Thanks fellas. I will drink some wine tonight, have a go at cutting the cork in the morning and phone Martin later on when I have made a b******* of it!
cheers
Duncan

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

what hans said dont let your corks dry out if i take my petrol taps off i put them in a jar of petrol i dont suffer with leaky taps touch wood

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1