Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: Johnny Hallyday had a problem in the 70's

Ha ha ha! LOL!
Norton_1947_advert

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

So BSAs were trouble even 40 years ago when much newer?...

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Yeh, Yeh, Yeh,.'The Unexceptional Norton'...Just come back from another event with 6 M20s and one Norton.. ... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

In fact Ian, the last road run that we done yesterday was all M20s the Norton did not want to go out to play

Yes yes, safety in numbers!! If you go out with 20 M20's, you can bring a spare bike between you!!

No offence! honestly,

Lex

Hmmm..56 out of 144 bikes on 65 for 65 were M20s...I guess that makes BSAs slogan 'One in four is a BSA' a bit modest..it should have been 'One in two and a half'... ....Difficult facts for owners of lesser makes I suppose... ...Ian

Yes it would seem BSA's are 2 a penny and every now and then you see a classy Norton

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hard to believe there were 126,000 M20s produced when BSA were making over 1600 components a minute, 24 hours a day for the entire duration of the war...but then no one could match BSAs production capacity at the time..They made more folding bicycles than some firms made motorcycles.. ...Ian

Ian Wright
Hard to believe there were 126,000 M20s produced when BSA were making over 1600 components a minute, 24 hours a day for the entire duration of the war...but then no one could match BSAs production capacity at the time..They made more folding bicycles than some firms made motorcycles.. ...Ian

Ian, did BSA actually have more then one factory? like Enfields, had 4 I think? with all that production going on, the factory must have been enormous!

Visited the Harley Davidson Final Assembly Plant in York PA a couple of times, and that was not so big, but then the engines etc. were made in Milwaukee, still very nice to see a motorcycle being built on an assembly line!

Cheers,

Lex

Ian Wright
.They made more folding bicycles than some firms made motorcycles.. ...Ian

You'd have thought that Triumph would've been the firm to make frames with a hinge in the middle.

No Triumph were the firm that made Nortons fast and reliable IE; the Triton

:-D :-D

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Lex..The BSA group had 28 factories..and made 60,000 folding bicycles...Ian

28 factories, that's amazing, how many of these factories made motorbikes? I thought it was just the one in Birmingham.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Horror
28 factories, that's amazing, how many of these factories made motorbikes? I thought it was just the one in Birmingham.

Ah, now I don't feel so stupid for not knowing either

Can we start a new topic on this??

Cheers,

Lex

Post war, motorcycles were also built at the Redditch factory as well as at Small Heath..I don't know if this was the case during the war...BSA made precision alloy castings, general castings, armour plate, ship crankshafts, Daimler armoured cars, anti aircraft rockets , shell fuses, numerous different weapons and spares, bicycles, machine tools, all the rotor blades for early jet engines..etc. etc. as well as motorcycles..Even if you are not a BSA fan the sheer number and variety of parts produced by them are both interesting ad mind boggling...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1