Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big 4 Combination on Milweb

There has just appeared a Norton Big 4 Combination with sidecar wheel drive for restoration on milweb if anyones looking for one

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Re: Big 4 Combination on Milweb

Yes, that's my mates B4, or is it?, the registration papers are still in my name!

Good project to start with!

http://www.milweb.net/webverts/63140/

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hey Lex, is that saddle knee pad strip a repro?
If so who makes them?
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Mick Holmes
Hey Lex, is that saddle knee pad strip a repro?
If so who makes them?
Cheers, Mick.

Mick I had 5 made, but all gone, has the proper Lycetts stamp in them etc.

Can have more made, (is not cheap!) and there's also the 2nd type, which is easier to make.

Cheers,

Lex

Now that does look good. If you do decide to make another batch, count me in.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Me too Lex. I made mine by guesswork and a local trimming guy. Maybe two also for K.W.....He'll pay for them eventually!!! Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

what is the idea of this saddle mod and what happened to the one that was at the hop farm

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Roger the saddle pad is to protect the knees of the pillion bloke.
As far as I know, the one from the Hop Farm was stolen from a holding shed. I don't know what the thieves can do with it. Other than re-number the frame and engine and sell the parts. Or maybe they've used the side-car and some other fittings and buried the rest???

Ron

thanks ron i thought it was for riders with big bums like me

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Ron Pier
Roger the saddle pad is to protect the knees of the pillion bloke.
As far as I know, the one from the Hop Farm was stolen from a holding shed. I don't know what the thieves can do with it. Other than re-number the frame and engine and sell the parts. Or maybe they've used the side-car and some other fittings and buried the rest???

Ron

Yes, Ron, you're right about the "knee protector"

After Beltring I'll have a look into making some more of them, we've got the lasercutting drawing, and the stamp to make the Lycetts imprint, and the upholsterer got the patterns to cut the fabric, so should not be too difficult the second time.
Problem is however that all saddles are different, unless you have the right one!

The sidecar was not stolen, and I know where it is, have measured it extensively a while back.

It's rumored that it's known who the thief of the bike is, and just a question of time before it turns up, I supplied the lawfull owners with all the photographs of the bike when it was still at the Hop Farm.

Cheers,

Lex

So the bike and side-car were separated before the theft? Is that the case Lex? What the kinel did the thief think he could do with it I wonder? Ron

When they were "re-doing" the museum, (mind you there's nothing left) the bike was taken down, and to do that the sidecar had to be separated, otherwise it could not get down, then it was stored elsewhere, and so it happened.

If I was the thief, I would have gone for the sidecar!!

Cheers,

Lex

ps, if the thief somehow reads this, contact me, and I'll see that the bike gets back to the owner, the Queen Victoria Rifles Association, without prosecution.

My thoughts also Lex. It dose seem a bit pointless to deprive the owners and others of something so awkward to do anything with.
Bit like steeling the 'Mona Lisa'...just not as valuable. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1