Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless G3WO

I have passed the half way point in the restoration of the Matchless and thought I would post up a link to the photos for those that are interested. Hope this works.

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww149/vanquishspirit/Matchless%20G3/

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Re: Matchless G3WO

FANTASTIC

I'm accumulating parts for my 1941 at the moment.
Mostly, I have crates of parts, and need a few more
before a proper start.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Coming together nicely!! I think my old G3 is the nicest, most stable and probably the fastest 350cc of the period I've riden. You'll have loads of fun on it when it's done and judging by the work so far, it'll look terrific too. Keep us up to speed with the build as you go on.

thanks Guys, I appreciate the comments. I had heard the Matchless was an impressive machine for the year and certainly reading a period road test, I have it somewhere if you dont, it scored pretty highly.

sadly it does seem a lot harder to pick up spares than the M20. Anwyay, will keep you upto date.

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Looking very good!
Don't suppose anyone has a good barrel for a G3WO? Mine has no ridge where the gasket sits and I struggle to stop it blowing the head gasket.

email (option): alistair@jimpeet.co.uk

About 10 years ago, there were loads of barrels about for G3 Matchless at jumbles, but you just don't see as many as you used to nowadays. Someone must have one at the back of their shed somewhere, perhaps it would be worth starting a new thread on the forum and asking?

Nieuwe pagina 1